Letters and Diary Fiction posted October 30, 2023


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
I recall ...

A Not So Smooth Rendezvous

by Tom Horonzy


 
Desereted with nary anyone or thing in sight, save a classy lassie strolling along the water's edge, wearing the stingiest string bikini taut against her cheeks. I hoped she would stoop and scoop up a shell, unveiling a most audacious peek. She didn't. 

Thus, I trailed, a bit behind, the footsteps she left in the sand. Being the sleuth I  think I am, they led to the doorstep where she paused to see if her would-be wooer would make a suave and sophisticated move. 

Could she be satisfied with smooth, I thought, for how sophisticated can one be with a tongue hanging out?

Instead, I ducked behind a palmetto tree feeling like a fileted flounder until worse could and did occur. A siren sounded and a sheriff shouted, "You there. Unshroud yourself." I did, to have him ask, "What is it that you're doing?"

Turning redder than red should be, I explained I'd come awooing. He turned to see what I had spied across the street, turned off the alarm, and returned to his beat.

As for being smooth, I went to move when a spike bit me on the foot. It caused me to scream ending any romantical speculation, I thought. Instead, a nightingale rushed my way, inquiring, "Can I assist?" And from my lips came these words, "I'll get better with a kiss."

She smiled, then blushed, causing a fuss 'tween the two of us. 

Being s m o o t h went out the door, as to my surprise, she helped me up with puckered lips, having my heart do a flip before I ventured wantonly forward. 

Now, I don't kiss and tell, but instead, my friends, I'll leave it for you to find in your mind the final line. Of course, you can leave it unsigned.

 



Rendezvous writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write whatever comes to mind, be it a short story, a tome, a poem or prose.

Recognized


All the photographs are my own, and the story is a never-was-never-will-be reverie.
Have fun and follow the cue.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Tom Horonzy All rights reserved.
Tom Horonzy has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.