Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted October 20, 2023


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
dysfunctional politics 3-5-7 format

dysfunctional politics 3-5-7

by jake cosmos aller

Dysfunction.

political games.

U.S. government shut down.




3-5-7 Poem writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a poem on any subject. The only rule is to follow the 3-5-7 syllable count (first line has three syllables, second line has five, third line has seven).



3-5-7 Poem
Write a poem on any subject. The only rule is to follow the 3-5-7 syllable count (the first line has three syllables, the second line has five, third line has seven).

Another poem on a recent theme -the political dysfunction in the U.S. This is my take on it, others can disagree. Amid all the urgent needs for Federal government action รข?? i.e. support for Israel, and Ukraine, disaster relief for all the storms and wildfires, the crisis on the Southern border and continued gun violence, still crumbling infrastructure and inflation, the House of Representatives still cannot pick a leader, after two weeks of chaos. All because eight radical extremists, four percent of the members of the House, ousted the Speaker because he cut a deal to keep the government open, and in three weeks the government may shut down.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. jake cosmos aller All rights reserved.
jake cosmos aller has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.