Self Improvement Non-Fiction posted September 28, 2023


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
An entry for the club challenge

What's in a name?

by kahpot


Though a person's name may not be as outlandish as "Methamphetamine Rules"
a name must get one through life, I was born, one of three brothers, Peter, Ian, and  Kym (me)
KYM! a girl's name I was sure, and so was most everyone else.
Except my parents of course, they went to great lengths to
explain to me that, Kym (with a y) was the boy's way,
of spelling it. And Kim (with an i) was the girl's way.
(Try explaining that to would be friends at a very young age.)
Nonetheless, my parents explained, Kim was short for Kimberly (a girl's name)
while Kym in different languages meant many different things. (maybe I was part Indian) and it meant "RUNNING fast" or "CROUCHING low"
You know, like RUNNING bear, CROUCHING tiger, and the such.
In all honesty, like Johny Cashe's song (A Boy Named Sue) I did and have come to terms with my name, and now, I walk the line.
 



Recognized


Thank you cleo85 for the artwork
Still practicing prose, be helpful and be nice, all help requested
and no I can't change my name, I love it

Club entry for the "Worst Name Ever" event in "Flash Fiction/Nonfiction".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by cleo85 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. kahpot All rights reserved.
kahpot has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.