General Flash Fiction posted September 19, 2023


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Motherhood reflected.

Silence is Sometimes Golden

by Laine Carson


Arjaye, sat gazing out the window. Memories filled her vision. The house was quiet. After raising seven children; silence was welcome at times, but these days time was over-saturated by it.

The house was once filled with laughter, music, dancing, praying, discussions of love, life, right, wrong, world issues, homework problems, band instrument practice, bragging, discipline.

Time was sacrificed to teach driving, cooking, reading, writing and arithmetic. Money was sacrificed for doctors, dentists, summer camps, and prom dresses or suits.

Arjaye sat gazing out the window. Memories filled her vision. The house was quiet.



True Story Flash contest entry


Empty nest can feel good until you start to wonder why the kids never call or come by. Then you start to question why?
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Linda Wetzel at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Laine Carson All rights reserved.
Laine Carson has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.