Romance Fiction posted August 10, 2023 Chapters:  ...81 82 -83- 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Finally Published.

A chapter in the book St Louis

Gateway to Deception

by barbara.wilkey




Background
More than anything McKenzie wants to trust Logan, but life experience tells her not to. While they search for his sister's murderer, they grow closer, but people have disappointed her before.
I wanted to let you know that Gateway to Deception is published and on Amazon.com. It hasn't been completely released, but should be by tomorrow, 8/11/23. I should also show up on Goodreads.com, but I don't have a release date for that yet.

I post this novel under the title of St. Louis. I can never come up with an appropriate name until the novel is completed and edited numerous times. My characters have minds of their own and even though, I map out my novel before writing it. My characters change everything as the story develops.

Here is a quick rundown of what the novel is about.

In Gateway to Deception, Major Logan Nelson came home on a thirty day leave from the Army to make sure justice is served for his younger sister, Megan, who was murdered under suspicious circumstances.

Logan's parents hired an old family friend's detective agency to help solve Megan's murder. When Logan went to the P.I.'s address his father had provided, he realized his dad's friend had died and his daughter, McKenzie 'Mac' Morgan had taken over the business. This petite, female P.I. didn't instill confidence that she could handle herself in a difficult situation, let alone solve Megan's murder, but her gumption impressed him.

Logan decided he'd better assist Mac with the investigation, and it quickly became apparent he was attracted to her.

Instead of finding helpful evidence all they discovered was more questions and it appeared more and more like there was a cover-up, but why?

What or who could have Megan been involved with?

Mac's life was threatened, and she was kidnapped, by whom and why?

Will Logan rescue her?

Does Mac learn to trust Logan and more importantly her feelings for him?

Gateway to Deception weaves the answers to these questions and more throughout this romance novel. This novel contains mystery and humor from the first paragraph to the end.




Recognized

#21
August
2023


This is the cover of Gateway to Deception. After a few years, it's actually published. I could go into a complete laundry list of why it's taken so long, but there's not a really good reason to go into all of it.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.