Letters and Diary Non-Fiction posted July 12, 2023


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
chasing hope

Me not the enemy!

by Iza Deleanu

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.

    Mirror, mirror on the floor, why is my life lost some more? Okay, this was the old me, who always made a tragedy from misfortune. After the last strike, man, I am still alive and kicking! Hurray! I just woke up and, like Mr. King, "I have a dream!" Good Morning, world, this is Moia, not Iza, but Ms. Hope, alias Miss I don't give a shiteshtain anymore! I've already been through so much. I got under my belt some betrayal, one broken heart, some countries crossing, a little bit of drowning (yup, true story), some close encounter with Ms. Death, and a good laugh thinking that I am still a joker since I am still here after all I have been through. Until yesterday I wore a mask to hide my freshest cut: le divorce! Yup, I finally got it! I am broke but free like a bird.
    Today is a bright new day. You know it is true, what doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger, or in my case wander!
    It was a gorgeous day in September, to be more precise, thirty of the month. So, on that beautiful day, the National Day of Truth and Reconciliation, I decided to leave my married life. It's been twelve hard years of praying that things will work. It took me so long to realize I was in for a heartbreak. You know the first step is always the hardest. Once you are out that door, you know that out there is a big world for a small girl like me.
    It was hard in the past two years, but I made a life for myself. I am alone, but not really. When God is with me, nothing can get me. I am also the proud mom of two furry babies. Don't judge me! I am scared of today's kids. They are so crazy unpredictable, or I am too old for this sport.
    Ladies and gents, let me introduce you to the real me: Miss Hope, the wonder worker. Yup, I wander around the world anytime I get a chance. So far, I've been lucky and have managed to see the countries I had on my bucket list. I might be superficial but don't judge me too harshly. When my dad passed away, he died happy, thinking I was going home to take him on another trip. He went through that mother fucker cancer, dazed. I made sure he went to a beautiful place every summer. Those carefree days had kept him company when he was stuck in chemo.
     I am applying the same culinary recipe. You know, a little bit of sunshine on my side, a drop of the ocean in my life, and so on! I don't regret a thing. This is my life, and I am proud of it! This is me, not the enemy!




True Story Contest contest entry

Recognized


All the moments from the above story are all true. Also in Canada every September we celebrate the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation that is originally and still colloquially known as Orange Shirt Day, is a Canadian holiday to recognize the legacy of the Canadian Indian residential school system. Thank you for reading and pardon my French, aka my broken English:)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.