General Non-Fiction posted March 25, 2023


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
It truly is

Blue - My Favorite Color

by pookietoo


I love the color blue. The sky is bright blue on a clear day. When there is a blue sky, many fascinating white clouds appear. Noctilucent clouds are blue. There are wispy clouds that float by, clouds of all shapes and sizes. Blue is one of the primary colors. It is one of the hues in a rainbow. It is sometimes a color along with pink in a sunset that God paints for us. Those sunsets wow me.

Blue is the color of beautiful birds, butterflies, and flowers. There are 24 different flowers that are blue. A few of them are an iris, bluebell, and a columbine. A few different birds that are blue are the bluejay (two kinds), blue-gray tanager, and the cerulean warbler. There are 40 types of blue butterflies. Some of those are the blue pansy, giant blue morpho, blue cracker, Ulysses butterfly, a pipeline swallowtail, a common blue butterfly, a prota beauty, and the obrina olivewing butterfly.

I find it interesting that blue is the color of a blue poison dart frog and the color of robin's eggs.

Blue is in the title of some songs that I love. It is the color of the ocean and seas. It is the color of many people's eyes and many clothes we wear.

Toys and yarn are blue. I love the color blue on cars. It represents faith and being true. It conveys loyalty, peace, wisdom, and love.

There are so many shades of blue: cyan, navy, turquoise, aqua, midnight blue, sky blue, royal blue, and aquamarine. There are 37 blue gemstones. Blue is the color of a spruce tree.

Blue insects are the damselfly enellagma, and the blue bottle fly. There are beautiful blue peacocks, lizards, tang fish, damselfish, starfish, betta fish, chameleons, and the blue lockers sea slugs.

There are 15 types of blue rocks and minerals.
Some of them are apatite, lapis lazuli, topaz, sapphire and azurite. A few dogs that are blue are the blue heeler, a Russian dog, the Thai Ridgeback, and the Blue Bay Shepherd.

Blue is one of the colors in the United States flag. It is a pastel color. Pastel colors look great on me.

These are some of the many things that are blue. So I hope you see why it is my favorite color.

 



Choose a Color writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Choose a color and tell us why it'd be your choice.
Be it long or be it short; an essay, poem or song. Whatever, there are no restrictions, t'all.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pookietoo All rights reserved.
pookietoo has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.