Family Fiction posted March 15, 2023


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Flash fiction

Secret

by GWHARGIS

"Can you keep a secret?"  the little girl asked.
 
"Certainly," answered her favorite stuffed bear.
 
The girl quickly looked around to make sure the coast was clear.
 
"I have a boyfriend."
 
The bear looked shocked.  "Are you leaving me?"
 
"No.  Never."
 
"Who is he?  Do I know him?"
 
"He's at my school.  He's really nice.  A good reader, too."  She picked up her bear and cradled him in her arms.
 
"Do you think he'll like me?"
 
She hugged the bear tightly.  "How could he not?  You are the very best bear in the world."
 
No matter how old she got, the bear wasn't far away.  He had heard about many boyfriends.  He was privy to all her secrets.  
 
He was, indeed, the best bear in the world.
 
 
 
 



Recognized


My oldest daughter has a stuffed beagle who has traveled and been to parties. He is the best stuffed beagle in the world. She still sleeps with her toy, and she's twenty-five.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. GWHARGIS All rights reserved.
GWHARGIS has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.