General Poetry posted March 8, 2023 Chapters:  ...247 248 -249- 250... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
4/5/3 haiku

A chapter in the book One Thousand Cranes

Silver Moonlight

by Gypsy Blue Rose


for rules and information, please check my author notes
 
 
silver moonlight
slips through window blinds—
dust's spotlight

 
 

 




Haiku is a form of Japanese poetry made of short, unrhymed lines that evoke natural imagery. The haiku gives a moment of insight based on observation.

Japanese haiku are written in 3 lines with 5/7/5 syllables form. In English is 3 lines with 17 syllables OR LESS due to the difference between Japanese and English syllables.

haiku contains two separate parts:

A section that creates an image (often the first two lines, but not always)

Then another section that is different but connected perhaps suggests an interpretation of the first image, perhaps suggesting a contrast.

Haiku should be clear and direct, with strong images in a compact and concise manner.


for haiku rules click here - modern Haiku rules

Thank you for reading and reviewing my poem.

Gypsy
"Poetry heals the wounds inflicted by reason" -- Novalis
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Gypsy Blue Rose All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Gypsy Blue Rose has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.