Humor Fiction posted January 28, 2023


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Can You Not See contest entry

Let Me Guess

by DragonSkulls

 
 
 
"Can you not see?" That's what my wife abruptly stated when I first showed her what I was going to enter in this contest. "Can you not see that there's three other entries with that exact same title already, dingleberry? You can't come up something at least a little more creative than the name of the contest? Wow."

The, ever so common, dark cloud started forming over my head again. Why do I bother showing her my stuff? "Are you even going to read the first few lines?"

"Let me guess, something with action, a fight scene or some wild car chase? There'll be twists and turns, violence or some betrayal sex? You'll lead them down some ridiculous, enthralling story just to ruin it with a dumb joke your demented brain thought of when you saw the contest?"

I closed my eyes, shook my head and let out a long, overly exaggerated sigh. The sad part is, she was right. She knows me far too well. "Thanks?"

"And look, it's a winner takes all contest. I'm sure your one big vote isn't going to be claiming that prize any time soon."

Another lengthy sigh. "Thanks for all the support, babe. It's so uplifting."

"Any time, dear." She kissed me on my balding head. As she turned to leave the room she added, "And don't you dare title it can you not see. That's a word of advice you seriously need to listen to."

"Get out. Just get out."

A couple minutes later, my daughter walked by the door. "Beth, you want to hear the story I wrote?"

"Let me guess..."








 



Can You Not See? writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Create a story, using the question, Can You Not See? 1500 words or less, using any genre you prefer.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. DragonSkulls All rights reserved.
DragonSkulls has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.