General Fiction posted January 26, 2023


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
flash fiction, 150-word story

Geeta's Vacation

by sunnilicious

Geeta, a Medical Coding Manager at the local hospital, is feeling uneasy watching talk shows during her week-long vacation at home. The mortgage and her son's college tuition is more important than taking any getaway. Still, she must find something to do.

Unsure about what to Google, Geeta decides on searching for nearby events. There wasn't much to do on a random Monday morning. Egyptian Belly dancing at the library in ninety-minutes.
 
Exercise and groups are good.
 
She starts thinking to take along a friend or two.

She picks up the phone and calls around. Voicemail after voicemail. Geeta is upset, but understands that everyone has things to do.

A few minutes early, she arrives at the library.
 
Nice people. New friends from the neighborhood. The class is small. The enviroment is comfortable. It all prompts Geeta to attend more library classes and enjoy coffee-house lunches for the whole week.



Flash Fiction contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. sunnilicious All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
sunnilicious has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.