Biographical Non-Fiction posted December 3, 2022


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Family in waiting.

Prayer request

by barbara.wilkey


This is a prayer request and notification I could disappear for a while without any notice. My father-in-law, he's eighty-seven years old, from Atlanta, Texas, was admitted to the hospital the Sunday before Thanksgiving with pneumonia. Then on Tuesday checked himself out to take an amtrack trip leaving at midnight to Springfield, Illinois, against Doctor's advice. There was a family gathering for Thanksgiving. We didn't attend because we were having children home for Thanksgiving.

At midnight on Monday evening, he took another Amtrack trip arriving back in Texas on Tuesday. His health declined Tuesday and went to the ER and was admitted. Wednesday he was helicoptered to a larger hospital in Texarkana. Later that evening the family, all five siblings got a conference call wanting to know their feeling on whether to keep John alive. At that time all they were told from their stepmother, Stephanie, was John had pneumonia and had a heart attack at the hospital. She stated he did not have a DNR order in place.

The following day, there was another conference call from my husband's sister, Jael. It seems there was a DNR order and Stephanie had lied. Not only that his kidneys and liver had failed or were failing. Now the really strange part is, it seems they put in a pacemaker Friday morning. John is being kept alive on machines.

We are basically waiting until we get a call stating John has died.

But no, the drama continues. John had requested he be buried beside his wife, the mother of his children in Illinois. There is already a gravestone in place. Stephanie has decided that John will be cremated, and half his ashes will be buried in Atlanta, Texas and half his ashes will be buried in Illinois beside his wife. But wait it gets better. She has added a gravestone beside John's. So, half of him will be buried between his two wives.

My prayer request is for peace for the family and that John's wishes be honored. I would ask for prayer for patience, but the last time I prayed for patience God gave me our youngest son, Steven to teach me patience. I was 40 at the time. God does have a sense of humor. I don't pray for patience any longer. LOL

When the call comes, we will leave immediately, so I may not have time to post anything. Please understand.



Recognized

#46
December
2022


Please there's no need to review this for editing. I read over it a few times but am not going to fix any mistakes. I'm sure I've left out a few small words. I always do. LOL
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.