General Poetry posted November 18, 2022 Chapters:  ...21 22 -23- 24 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
nonfiction account

A chapter in the book Verse and Story for 2022

Summer Memories

by dovemarie

During the months of June, July, and August, I participated as lector or Eucharistic Minister during Mass at St. Rita's Church and St. Joseph the Worker Shrine. I sang some Communion hymns, and wrote a poem entitled "Tribute to the Sacred Heart" (June is the month of the Sacred Heart). Also, on June 30, 2022, I celebrated my son's birthday in New York with two of my friends, David and Rachel, when we took a trip to Cooperstown to see the Baseball Hall of Fame). We went to Mass in the morning, had lunch in a restaurant, and a good tour of the Hall of Fame.

In July, I was diagnosed with basal cell carcinoma on my nose, and had to have day surgery. How my nose itched under the bandage during all the month of July! I recovered, and returned to work at the outdoor restaurant where I do maintenance.

In August, I found out I had kidney stones. I had a couple of tests, and they were removed in September. A few days after the operation, I developed a septic infection, plus Covid-19, and got myself to a hospital by ambulance, then I was transferred to an Advanced Care Unit at a local nursing home, where I stayed for seven weeks. During my stay, I developed a yeast infection, constipation, pain in my right shoulder, and dry skin on different parts of my body. I was treated with creams, ointments, medication, and antibiotics. I guess I had quite a vacation!




Story covers the summer months and I went over everything that happened to me during that time. Fall account coming up in next chapter! Dove
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. dovemarie All rights reserved.
dovemarie has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.