Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted October 31, 2022 Chapters:  ...99 100 -101- 102... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Terza Rima for the Potlatch Club Challenge

A chapter in the book Heart Crafted Poems - 2022

A Writers' Caution

by JLR

Written words must be properly phrased
else one could be caught testing fate.
Or certainly challenged and intelligence gauged.

One's choice of words can open many gates.
A simple passage could uncover a hidden tale
one has never spoken of about his mates.

How oft do we live lives masked under veils?
Or stand out in crowds thirsting for praise.
Words chosen can put us on broken trails.

A reader will notice when the writer strays
So, know that with writing, there is a catch!
Using right words on a page, heavily weighs.

Words can lead a reader across a rough patch
or you can lose a poor soul in tall thatch.



Recognized


The rhyme scheme for a terza rima is a little tricky. In a terza rima, the first and third lines of a stanza rhyme, but the first line of the next stanza rhymes with the second line of the stanza before it.
***Your stanzas rhyme A-B-A/ B-C-B/ C-D-C/ and so on, with each letter representing the rhyming words.

Ending.
Going back to the flexibility of this type of poem, there are a few different ways you can choose to end your terza rima. One way is to simply end it with the last stanza. Another way is to add a couplet, which is a set of two lines which rhyme. Or, you can choose to add one extra line that stands alone to conclude your story.

Thank you for the use of: A Fountain Pen Nib by meg119 on FanArtReview.com

Club entry for the "~ Terza Rima ~ week of 10-29-2022 ~" event in "Put Pen To Paper Potlatch Poetry Club".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by meg119 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. JLR All rights reserved.
JLR has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.