Writing Non-Fiction posted September 14, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Cody Kicked Out Of Contest

Booted

by Brett Matthew West


Received a Warning from the so called "vaunted" CEC this morning I feel is way out of line. This conversation between Cody and myself should explain, and say, all that needs to be addressed regarding this CEC Warning.

"What's the matter, Cody? Why do you look so sullen?"

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"Getting your entry kicked out of the contest by the CEC."

"Whoa! You hold your horses right there and back your teeny little tail end up! You did nothing wrong, and you most definately did not get my entry chucked out of no infernal contest."

"That's what the CEC did. They disallowed your entry."

"As far as I'm concerned that is their problem, youngin. Let's closely look at what the Warning they tossed our way said. I will start with this comment":

THIS ENTRY CONTAINS A CHARACTER AND HIS PICTURE, THAT ARE WELL KNOWN. THEREFORE, THEY CAN NOT BE USED IN CONTESTS.

"To that I will say the CEC will not convince me you are the first character members have used in more than one contest."

"Then singling me out, in my book anyway would you not say, reeks of favoritism on the part of the CEC?"

"I'll let that comment be food for thought, Buddy-boy. Here is the kicker for me. Let's go back to the CEC Warning this morning.":

YOU MUST CHANGE HIS PICTURE AND THE NAME OF THE CHARACTER.

"That's where I draw the line. As I informed the CEC, I have no intention of changing your photograph. You're so popular on FanStory your picture alone draws many members to read the latest on what you are up to."

"And, I like my name. I don't want you to ever change it."

"Nothing to worry about there. You were named Cody Michael Schroder for a reason and that is who you are going to remain. So, let's just end our conversation right here. I believe everything has been said that needs to be said."

"I'm going fishing."

"Fishing? Good. You like to do that. Have fun. I'll catch up to you real soon."

"Like the next time a contest comes along you want to enter me in? I know you, Brett. We think a lot alike."

"That has me pondering. There is a contest that has just been announced you should be entered in."

"I can not wait."

"I knew there was a reason so many people love you, Cody. You're a boy after my own heart. Adios for now, Super Squirt. Catch a big one!"




This is Evan, by Lilibug6, selected to complement all my Cody Schroder books and stories.









I try to be fairly easy to get along with on FanStory. Sometimes, you just gotta push back.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Lilibug6 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.