General Fiction posted July 22, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Do or die?

Keep On Rolling

by giraffmang





I hate this. It’s not fair. I never asked for this, none of it but here I am… shunned.

Sometimes I don’t mind being on my own, but when you look around and see them all huddled together, it’s tough. It seems they’re dotted around every corner, but I’m not included. I can never be accepted.

Right now for instance, there’s a nice little couple sitting round the corner. I can’t stare at them too much, I don’t want to be spotted. They have their heads together whispering sweet nothings. If only…

Around the other side, there’s the starting line-up for the college basketball squad, trying to catch chicken balls in their mouths… thank goodness they’re better with actual basketballs!

In the far end of the room there’s a string quartet playing Meat Loaf songs of all things, but between songs they’re deep in conversation, all laughs and smiles.

And then there’s the group that’s just rolled in. A nice little menage-a-trois. The way they’re carrying on together makes me wonder if they’re more than just friends!

The noise from the back room is drawing everyone’s attention now. Must be some kind of party going on in there. A group of six young ones just sashayed their way in without a care in the world.

And here I am, dinner-for-one. That’s what they call me every time I come here. It’s a little mean but I get it.

So, what to do?

Should I accept my lot in life, or, do I roll the dice and get back in the game?



 



Recognized


Basketball has 5 players on-court.
menage-a-trois - household of three.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. giraffmang All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
giraffmang has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.