Biographical Poetry posted July 4, 2022


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
My Bipolar Head

Colors

by Ramona Agin

So many colors, like the colors inside my head. Red and black and sometimes green.

I wish they were purple. Purple is so happy. Or pink. Pink is good. It reminds me of Cotton Candy and good times before the black crept in.

I don't know when the black crept in. It was just there one day and I couldn't make it go away.

I wish it would. It makes me mad! It makes me very sad... I want my life back before all the black gunky stuff crept in and took over.

Not all days are bad. But most are not good. I have forgotten what a good day feels like.

My brain is jumbled. That's why I compare it to colors. Everything is in bits and pieces.

I start things but I never seem to finish them. Even writing takes energy. Energy I don't have.

What is the point? Why start if you know you're not going to finish?

So many colors inside my head......



Free Verse Poem contest entry

Recognized

#108
July
2022


I have Bipolar disorder and sometimes it gets the best of me and my thoughts get racing and jumbled. Often flashing like colors both light and dark.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by VMarguarite at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Ramona Agin All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Ramona Agin has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.