General Non-Fiction posted May 10, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Contest Entry

Another Second Chance

by Raul1


My parents advised me to think that this isn't the end of the world for me. I have all the chances to have a happy and healthy life. My dad told me that I needed to believe in myself. So, I did. I went on to study fiction writing. I bought books on how to write fiction stories and started taking creative online writing courses. I began to be a good writer.

My parents supported me throughout my life, giving great advice. My mom told me to do things by myself. So, I did. I finished my classes. I have worked on WordPress since 2013. They advised me to make new friends and never feel sorry for myself. I began to think optimistic about my life.

I have built my confidence in entering writing contests, even though I didn't win all the time. It was a great experience, and I overcame my bullies in real life. My dad told me that I would never see those bullies ever again.

My parents shaped me into the happy man I am today. they also reminded me to never reminisce all the time about my sinister pasts and to focus on the present, then think of the future. Now I make something of myself because of their helpful advice. I am a new person with a bright future. I just got a second chance and am not wasting it. One thing I have learned from them is that you never run out of second chances. Those chances will always be there to make it up as we go along. I have self-confidence in myself. If it wasn't for their help, then I wouldn't be here talking to you all about it. Your parents make the difference of your life. You only need to pay attention. 



Things my parent(s) taught me writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
In honor of Mother's and Father's days, write a piece about the best advice or thing you learned from a parent.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Raul1 All rights reserved.
Raul1 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.