Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted May 7, 2022


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A commentary on gossip

Gossip mongers

by Jesse James Doty



Every time we gossip, we uncover another way to judge and divide.

Telling others what you've heard, without checking it out to know if they want their personal issues aired, shows a lack of courtesy and respect.

Spreading rumors tells the world you don't care how others see you. A gossip-monger hurts others and may leave a wound that never heals.

Division is a gossip-monger aim. They hope to divide and conquer all those who think differently than they do. No matter what the division, it can be torn apart like so many pieces of old newspaper.

So, unless you have permission to do so, try not to gossip whenever you get the urge. You will find a more giving and peaceful feeling among those who love and care for you.




Recognized

#32
May
2022


We all know someone like this and perhaps we have been guilty of it ourselves. Search within and then find a better way to communicate. The reward will be really worth it.
Thanks for reading.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Jesse James Doty All rights reserved.
Jesse James Doty has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.