Biographical Poetry posted April 12, 2022 Chapters:  ...6 7 -8- 9... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
NaPoWriMo 8 - Line End Acrostic

A chapter in the book Highlights of Home

G for Our Garden

by Mama Baer

____________________

Alone, I approach the white vinyl fence, ponderinG.

The venture in the northwest corner of the yard, the whole ideA,

was to balance function, purpose, and beauty; a welcome wondeR

to all who passed under the arch in search of food. Serenity prevaileD.

Word reached rocks and weeds long since not to bother living herE.

And etched overhead, Dad's clapboard sign: "Time began in a gardeN."
____________________


 




My parents' garden, when I was a teen, encompassed the entire north side of our yard. Its dual purposes were to one, feed us, and two, teach us responsibility and hard work. Over the years, the garden shrunk in size but grew in beauty and elegance. Now, as we say goodbye to five glorious thornless blackberry bushes and eight stunning raised brick beds that grew homemade salsa ingredients, I wade through memories thick and lush.

I recently learned an acrostic poem can include the subject word vertically at the end of each line rather than at the beginning. I felt this style would be apropos since we have nearly reached the end of our time with our home.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mama Baer All rights reserved.
Mama Baer has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.