General Poetry posted March 17, 2022


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
War and Hate

Feckless Men

by royowen

While feckless men declare man's fate,
they manufacture endless hate.
I've walked where war has left its mark,
where wolves roam free, howls harkens dark.

I understand those seething hates,
its virus spreads through open gates,
They infest children, foster tales,
of rape and murder, babe's entrails.

For this I know that gossip floats
down hist'ry's halls and morbid moats.
Men's hearts become infection's host,
a writhing wraith, a ghoulish ghost.

As horror's legends grow in size,
and seek to gain that putrid prize.
So don't speak harshly of the dead,
their fate's reward's already read.

Please don't remain where fetid fumes,
have fanned the waves of putrid plumes.
Forgive, forget, let old tales rest,
pursuing not the past with zest.

Remember Christ when dying said,
forgive them Lord, don't strike them dead,
He gave His life for all, not some,
to show what grace has surely done.

R.Owen 18/03/2022




Recognized

#14
March
2022


In 2005 my wife and I travelled extensively through the Balkans, (Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia etc.) then through Bulgaria, Rumania, Ukraine, the Crimea, Russia, culminating in Moscow, and finally, St Petersburg. It was a trip of a lifetime, I will probably never do so again.
The people were welcoming, friendly and hospitable. God has allowed me to see many nations close up, and so many delightful people, it gave me a perspective I could never have had if I had not travelled.
Three years later we travelled to Dubais, Turkey and Greece, including the marvellous Greek islands.

But we witnessed the underbelly of seething resentments in the Balkans, later, the same hatred between the Turks and the Greeks, they are passed down, generation to generation, but like Chinese whispers they become more exaggerated with time, So the war goes on, rests for a time then flares again. Jesus said, If you do not forgive men their sins, the Father will not forgive your sins. That is the root, UNFORGIVENESS. Matthew 6:15.

Luke 23:34-45
King James Version
34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.35 And the people stood beholding. And the rulers also with them derided him, saying, He saved others; let him save himself, if he be Christ, the chosen of God.36 And the soldiers also mocked him, coming to him, and offering him vinegar,37 And saying, If thou be the king of the Jews, save thyself.38 And a superscription also was written over him in letters of Greek, and Latin, and Hebrew, THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS.39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.42 And he said untoJesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.44 And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour.45 And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst.



Thanks for reading. R.Owen
Artwork by google

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. royowen All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
royowen has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.