General Non-Fiction posted March 8, 2022 Chapters:  ...8 9 -10- 11... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
chapter in book

A chapter in the book Verse and Story for 2022

March Memories and Activities

by dovemarie


On March 2, 2022, I lectored and sang at a local church, to usher in the Lenten season. I am giving up juice for Lent and also for all the time, as it affects my diabetes. I now drink Crystal Light. I am trying to give up sweets as well. I am working on my anger, which is one of the seven capital sins.

On March 4, I celebrated my friend Rachel's birthday with her boyfriend and another friend, Alicia. We went to a restaurant called "The International House of Pancakes" We all enjoyed our meal, and Rachel bought her own cake which she decorated with jelly beans and m and m's. I paid for her meal. She is so generous to me, in fact, she is generous to a fault.

March 11 is the birthday of my deceased father, and on March 11, 2009, my right eye was operated on with laser surgery. I had had the other eye operated on a month before that, and I was suffering an imbalance, with one bad eye and one good eye, resulting in headaches. The second operation gave me excellent vision, seeing things at a distance, with an intraocular lens, and I only need reading glasses now, for close-up. I was tormented about wearing glasses off and on for 44 years, by family and other people who were not related to me. The operation has helped my self-confidence and self-esteem.

On March 17, St. Patrick's Day, I will be singing "Morning Has Broken" and "A Gaelic Blessing," a cappella, at church. I attend a shrine called St. Joseph the Worker, and I pray to that saint every day that I will do well in my work and in finding a good job. I am an Oblate Lay Associate at the shrine, and I proposed that we celebrate a Mass once every season, offering it up for the intentions of all. The proposal was accepted, and March 21, the first day of spring, will be the first time this Mass is celebrated. The priests at the shrine are Oblates of Mary Immaculate.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. dovemarie All rights reserved.
dovemarie has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.