General Flash Fiction posted January 22, 2022


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A doomed relationship. (214 words)

The Man With A Red Sports Car

by LisaMay



Stella had hoped James was ‘the one’, but the relationship came to nought. Her friend Tracy had hoped it would fizzle out quickly, though she’d been a loyal friend over the course of Stelle’s doomed liaison, through euphoria to eventual tears.

Tracy told Stella: “I knew he was just going through a phase when he bought a red sports car and parked it in your garage. I wonder if his wife ever knew about that car?”

Stella, surprised, said: “I didn’t know he had a wife!”

Tracy continued: “I wonder if his wife knew he had you as his mistress? I also wonder if James ever knew who let the air out of his car tyres every Friday night, to spoil his weekend.”

Stella fumed: “So it was your fault he was always in a bad mood every Saturday! How unkind. What an awful friend you are. I’ll never trust you again!”

Tracy placated Stella: “Calm down, sweetie! I did it for your own good. You’re my best friend. I knew he would hurt you eventually. I could see how that red car in your garage was just a metaphor. I’m a writer, after all. Men can be so transparent.”

Stella replied meekly while hugging her friend: “And some women can be so thick.”


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. LisaMay All rights reserved.
LisaMay has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.