General Non-Fiction posted January 19, 2022 Chapters: -Prologue- 1... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
poetry and prose

A chapter in the book Verse and Story for 2022

Verse and Story for 2022

by dovemarie


Prologue: This book is a collection of prose and poetry for the year 2022. It contains holiday celebration poems and stories that occur in my life for each month of 2022.

On Saturday, Jan. 1, 2022, I honored Mary the Mother of God at Mass. I attended Church for the Feast of the Three Kings, where the kings from Persia followed the Eastern Star and found the Christ Child. On January 9th, we honored the Baptism of the Lord, where He is baptized in the Jordan River by His cousin John the Baptist. Then He begins His public ministry.

On January 14, I celebrated my 66th birthday with my friend Rachel. I had a birthday Mass offered for me, then we went out to eat at a restaurant called "the 99," where prices end in the numbers "99." I had shrimp scampi and macaroni and cheese for $14.99, and a large hot fudge sundae for dessert. On Jan. 15, Rachel took me out to the Longhorn Steakhouse, and her boyfriend David and two other friends joined us. One of the other women who were with us had had a birthday on Jan. 5. Rachel and I attended Mass and Adoration that afternoon, then we went shopping and she bought me two pairs of pants and a jersey. It felt wonderful that I didn't have to worry, (as I usually have to) about the other person's money or how much she was paying for the meals and the clothing. Rachel works full-time as an assistant teacher in a Montessori school. On Sunday afternoon, Jan. 16, I gave my friends Sue and Alicia birthday cards, and Alicia and I went out to a place called "China Buffet." We ate as much as we liked, we didn't even have to wait to order, we just helped ourselves to the buffet. At the end of the meal, I said to the waitress, "Syeh syeh ni," the phonetic pronunciation of "thank you" in Mandarin Chinese. She answered me graciously in the same language. Sue's birthday was Jan. 16, and today is Alicia's birthday, Jan. 19. It was the first time I had had a triple celebration. I look forward to having a few more good birthdays in future years.




Verses and stories containing thoughts and feelings and holiday or holyday celebrations beginning in Jan. 2022 - Dec. 2022.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Cindy Sue Truman at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. dovemarie All rights reserved.
dovemarie has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.