General Fiction posted January 17, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Some happened to short circuit...

Final Thoughts of a Criminal

by Begin Again


There's a spring in my step, and the sound of my high heels tap joyfully against the pavement. Tonight, my name is Pamela, and I own Luscious Escorts, a thriving after-hours business. During the day, I'm Angie, a respected Nanny living on the upper side of town.
 
It's 3 A.M., and my exhilarated heart is wildly pumping as I leave the exclusive party in a penthouse filled with prominent people who live double lives from day to night. As I walk toward my car, I sing along with Cyndi Lauper's 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.'
 
I hear the remote beep as I unlock the car door but miss the sound of his rubber-soled shoes approaching me from behind. My attacker's cold, manicured fingers press against my throat. His alcoholic breath is hot against my face. He squeezes tighter when I try to scream, and I struggle to breathe.
 
"Give me the money, slut. Or would you prefer I just take it?"
 
Unable to speak, I open my clutch and pull a wad of bills from inside. My attacker pushes my body against the car door and snarls, "No woman outsmarts me. I knew your plan, so I let you do the work, and now I'll reap the benefits."
 
"You're wrong. I did nothing those men were not willing to pay for. They asked, and I accepted their offer. That's not a crime."
 
"You think you are smarter than me. I had to prove you wrong."
 
I sneer at the disgusting fool. "I don't think we have ever met, have we?"
 
"No, but I've met others like you. Unfortunately for you, you will be the one to pay." His cold, glassy eyes meet mine. His grin turns to confusion as a bullet blasts through his chest. As his knees buckle to the ground, he mutters, "But the plan—"
 
"Guess you missed the part about my bodyguard?" I step over his lifeless body, climb into my Volvo, and wave goodbye.

 



Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Begin Again All rights reserved.
Begin Again has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.