Supernatural Fiction posted January 15, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
I had a favorite tree as a child that changed my life.

The Tree

by GeraldShuler

I had a favorite tree as a child. Cradled in its' boughs, I was the solver of life's problems. Unfortunately, the world ignores children. That is why I stayed quiet for so long about what happened in my tree. But I remember every detail of that day... even now, as I set looking at a different tree outside of my retirement home window. I remember.

At the age of eight, I had become a Christian. As a child, that is an easy decision. I had been taught by my mother, so of course, I believed. Before long, though, doubts crept in. Did God really care that I had come to Him? I had to ask my mother.

"Mom, " I asked. "am I really saved? I don't feel holy or nothin'"

"How should 'Holy' feel, Billy?"

"Shouldn't I be ready to do miracles and all?"

"Sorry, Billy, it isn't that way. Someday you'll understand."

"But what about now?"

"I can tell you this: In God's own time and in His own way, He will let you know He loves you. God will let you know."

"He better hurry if He really wants, you know... me."

There, I had said it. Nearly in tears, I ran from the house, eager to climb into the secure refuge of my tree. Turning the corner of the house I stopped dead in my tracks. There was my tree. But not like I had ever seen it. Glowing like the sun itself, the branches that usually held me, now held...

Angels.

A multitude of Angels.

Every one of them sang like heaven's choir would be expected to sing. What they sang, though, oh, what they sang!

"Billy, Billy, Billy. You are loved with a perfect love. You are loved by Love Himself."

Now, from my retirement home window, I can still hear their song. Since that day I have had no doubts about my salvation. But, if you have ever wondered about the reality of your own salvation, remember this: in God's own time, and in His own way, He will let you know. God really does want you to know. He loves you.



Supernatural Fiction - Not Horror writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Topic is supernatural fiction - not horror fiction.
Write a story.

No vulgar words, sexual terms, murder, gory story, or profanity allowed--no warnings
MUST be about HUMANS--not animals
Minimum of 320 -and maximum of words 360
No writing on the ONE picture that's allowed /No animation with picture or music
One color of font
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. GeraldShuler All rights reserved.
GeraldShuler has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.