Biographical Non-Fiction posted January 15, 2022


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Following my dream

Negotiating Life

by Jesse James Doty



Following my dream of walking again unaided, I was working as hard as I could with my home health PT and OT to do just that. I have been walking down the hallway with the help of a two wheeled walker all the way to the end where a window with a beautiful view was there waiting for me to make my dream a reality. Each time I walked it I was getting stronger I was walking with more confidence I was doing it!

After years of getting it wrong, I was finally getting it right.
Now, I find that there is always a yin-yang idea to life.

Yesterday I found out that a program named PACE that I thought would be the answer to everything turned out to be not as good a fit as I thought it should be.

Plus, I found out that my home health would be ending as of today. My PT advised me that I needed to get my left knee looked at by UCSF Orthopaedic Institute right away. So, I took the news as best as I could and called the institute as soon as the therapist had gone.

They surprisingly arranged for an appointment with a specialist on the first call. They set up the appointment for later on this same month. I had to act fast, so I looked up hotels in the area and priced them, and found one that suited mine and David's needs. I booked it right away and rested after a long day of getting things done!

This puts a whole new spin on my writing, and I once again learn, that I am still negotiating life.

I still have a lot of hurdles to jump before I will be able to walk freely without any aid at all, but I am hopeful and keeping the dream alive!

Thus, I take a pledge to honor my integrity and choose the things that make a life whole.
Where I have a high quality of life.
It is my choice to make my life worth living!




Recognized


Thank you for reading.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Jesse James Doty All rights reserved.
Jesse James Doty has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.