General Non-Fiction posted January 10, 2022 Chapters:  ...8 9 -10- 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A spinoff of one of my favorite store-bought soups

A chapter in the book Gluten Freedom

Pad Thai Noodle Soup

by Miranda Langston


Ingredients:

1 box Gluten Free Stir Fry Noodles, torn into 3rds

2 Carrots, shredded

3 tsp Minced Onion

2 tsp Minced Garlic

1 tbsp Chili Powder

2 tsp Paprika

2 cups Chicken Broth

5 tbsp Lime Juice

3 tbsp "Better Than Boullion" Roasted Chicken Flavor

3 tbsp Chives

2 tbsp Parsley

1 gallon Water

2 tbsp Salt

Pepper to taste


Directions:

1) Separate rice noodles into sections, then break those sections into 3rds. Drop noodles into boiling water and cook according to package instructions. Drain and rinse, and set noodles aside. You may have to occasionally rinse further and stir to prevent them from sticking.

2) In a large gumbo pot: combine water, salt, garlic, onion, chili powder, paprika, chicken broth, and lime juice. Bring to a full boil.

3) Once a nice, rolling boil has been achieved, add in shredded carrots and cook for 5 minutes. While the carrots are cooking, spoon in bouillon and stir well.

4) Add in chives and parsley at the end of the 5 minutes, stir, and add in the noodles. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for an additional 2 minutes to let the noodles heat through.

5) Remove from heat. Serve and enjoy!







I have been quite a fan of Pad Thai Noodle Soup since I discovered it, but I couldn't always find it in the store. Well, last week, I read the list of ingredients off the container, tweaked them a bit and played around with the amounts of each, and fixed myself a homemade version. Surprisingly, I think it's even better than the store-bought version.

And the best part? It is completely MSG-free!! It's definitely healthier. Delicious, filling soup for around 150 calories? Yes, please! :)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Miranda Langston All rights reserved.
Miranda Langston has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.