General Fiction posted December 27, 2021 Chapters:  ...4 5 -6- 7... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Many discussions about time

A chapter in the book The Tor

Time

by Liz O'Neill



Background
Time to learn something entirely new about the effect harps chords sounded, have on individuals.

Previously:
Cordelia had left it up to Madeline to plot out the energy spots for their expedition, because she is a dowser and would be able to find the significant places.

Tell me what you mapped out for us on Saturday?"

*************


"Well, we'll see how the time goes, but I figured we could check out the famous Stonehenge. Imagine, being near those stones sensing the energy and being so close we can touch them and sense the ancient energies and stories. I can't wait."

"If we have more time, where to next?"

I told her we could head up to Avebury to the Stone Circle. "There's little known of where those stones came. The stones we are going to see are over 5000 years old.

"I bet that energy is very strong."

"There is another curiosity called Silbury Hill within walking distance. Now, that will probably give us the goose bumps. It is some prehistoric mound similar to the pyramids of Egypt. It is older than Stonehenge. It has an enormous water-filled ditch around it.

"I can't wait to see that."


"The coolest thing about it is, it is like a formation discovered on Mars called Cydonia."

Cordelia was getting excited."I've heard of that. Isn't that where they discovered a face too?"

I explained how the whole panorama included a pyramid and the mound. "If we were to do an overlay of the map on Mars and Avebury and Silbury Hill, they would line up."

"I guess we'll see how generous time is for us."

Cordelia reminded me that time is elastic and can be manipulated. "We'll have to work on it, so we'll have plenty of time."


I paused with a sigh. My therapist told me sighing, often meant, 'if only' so I guess I was headed there. "I'm hoping we can catch a crop circle to walk through on the way. We'll have to keep our eyes peeled for grain crops. That's where I noticed they seem more apt to appear."

"This sounds great." Cordelia looked at the clock on the wall that I had seen for the first time. We still have tomorrow to experience, so we should get some good sleep. "Curiously, what's your watch say, anyway? It's 11 here." She made a wide gesture toward the clock up on the floral designed wall.

I did the usual counting on my fingers. "I'd say, 7. My watch should say 7."

Cordelia had a strange look on her face. "Okay, let's see what your watch says."

I looked at my watch, It says '6:00', wait, that can't be right."

Cordelia laughed and said, "It is, if you count right. 11, count back 5 hours. I watched you count from 11 back including the number 11. Do it using the next number to begin counting with. You actually start with 10. Try it."

I didn't exactly understand why, but I did as instructed and I came out with 6. I counted from 6 using the new way. I looked up at the clock, yup 11 right now.

"Ooof, math."





After the flurry of our Saturday itinerary settled down, the heaviness of spirit returned. But this time, I knew its source. I went to sleep, promising the spirits of the boys, we would release those who wished for it.
**********
I felt a hand on my shoulder. Cordelia tapped me. "Rise and shine. We've got an exciting day ahead of us and you, are going to be a big part of it."

I am usually groggy when first waking, but the anticipation of learning something entirely new, excited me. The early morning light peeking through the blinds spurred me on.

Not wanting to be late, we quickly downed some coffee and a warm, sweet cinnamon roll for breakfast.

We were ushered into our waiting area, until they were ready for us. In our enthusiastic chatting, we realized we'd each been provided the same skinny degree of information.

Our level of excitement grew when they invited us into the instruction area. Everyone was standing in a circle, leaning on a railing. We had entered, in the middle of the lesson. There was one person standing in the center.

I couldn't tell who the teacher was until I heard a voice from the side. "Welcome guests, we're glad you are able to join us." She explained what theories they'd been working on.

"We're all going to see the effects certain chords, when sounded, have on humans, either, emotionally, physically, or spiritually."

The woman in the center was instructed to make herself comfortable on the carpeted floor, lying face up. This was so we could observe her facial and physical responses as chords were played upon the harp.

The harpists were signaled to strike a specific chord. We were to notice the change, that chord had on us and at the same time to watch the subject on the floor.

I was noting I felt quite animated. I felt good. The subject sat up and reported she'd become agitated, soon after the chord was played. Several others in our circled agreed.

When there was an opening, one of the participants spoke up. "I felt elated, happy." I joined in with others who agreed, and was pleased we were of the same mind or spirit.

As the demonstration continued, it became obvious people's reactions were consistent with one group or the other. When the one in the center appeared to be relaxing, and reported feeling and the first group felt relaxed, the other of us felt depressed.

That helped me understand why some songs I listen to, feel very heavy, while other listeners find those chords peaceful.
The exposure to the chord soundings, really had an effect on people.

I began to comprehend the principle of harp therapy. How fascinating. So the harpist must play some chords around the patient and observe and ask them how they were affected. If the harpist is privy to the needs of the patient, they can play the appropriate chords.

When we were invited to return to our original room, we were so excited about discussing what we had just experienced, one of our group 'shushed' us, reminding us we were just a little bit too loud and might be disturbing our hostess in her ability to focus on her instructions.

As in the larger group, a few of us reacted differently than the others. We were like a microcosm of the larger group. I was anxious to discuss this with Cordelia to see which way certain chords stirred her.







Madeline is the narrator and a friend of Cordelia.

Cordelia is a harp therapist and is a friend of Madeline, whom she invited to go with her

A harp therapist goes into hospitals and plays certain chords to help patients heal

A chord is when more than one note is sounded at the same time

Inner dowsing is when someone has a gift of knowing things, of sensing and being drawn to various energies and spirits

Dowsing with a device, means the dowser needs a pendulum or other device to read the energy

We don't know why dowsing works, that is not important. But it is important that we know how, when and why we use it.

We use it with respect for others�¢?? privacy and to bring about good. It is a way of measuring, moving, or neutralizing energies.

I have a FB page called: Dowsing for Beginners, if anyone is interested
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Liz O'Neill All rights reserved.
Liz O'Neill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.