Letters and Diary Non-Fiction posted November 20, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The last supper? Fingers crossed.

Making the most of it ...

by Elizabeth Emerald


No need to review.

Corona confinement: day 4 of 10.

Ever since last night, I've been cuddling a maple-scented (unlit) candle and continuously sniffing it, so as to reassure myself I could discern its distinctive aroma.

This morning, I could barely smell it. 

As I'd feared: I'm on the cusp of the 4-5 day range for the likely onset of loss of sense of taste and smell.

I inhaled frantically, hoping my imagination had conjured this dreaded scenario.
Nope.

I forcefully blew my nose.
Yes! 

And I could taste my breakfast!

As to supper, Chuck called to say he would surprise me with one of my restaurant favorites. 

Throughout the afternoon, I worried that my sense of taste would vanish before it arrived.
Nope!

It was as I'd guessed--crab enchiladas with a side of sauteed peppers, onions, and mushrooms. You can be sure I relished every bite.   

Hopefully, I'll be able to enjoy the leftovers.




 



 



Recognized


Candles by Stelina on FanArtReview.com THANK YOU!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Stelina at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Elizabeth Emerald All rights reserved.
Elizabeth Emerald has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.