Horror and Thriller Fiction posted October 23, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
250 Word Max - Flash Fiction competition Entry

Movie Shoot

by Dick Waters


Several things should have alerted Barry and Claire that this visit wasn't a good idea. House number '13' a clue. Also, they were interviewing the only survivor of a serial killer's rampage.

However, this shoot for a future movie was going to include an interview with Laura, who was the miraculous only survivor.

When they arrived at 13 Callaway Place, the movie equipment was set up inside, but the crew had evidently left. He assumed they had left to get some breakfast in Chewela. The contract didn’t authorize them to leave the site until after the interview.

Barry went to move the car behind the house, but the battery had crapped out. When he went back inside, he couldn’t find Claire. Laura was in the kitchen with her when he went outside. He noticed the movie scene plate on the floor, so the camera crew was definitely here and had shot one take without him.

He decided to fire up the camera and review what they had shot. They were indeed doing a preliminary shoot of Laura’s interview, but suddenly a shadow appeared and the camera stopped recording.

He heard something behind him, and turned, expecting to see Claire.

When he regained consciousness, he had indeed found Claire and the camera crew, and now realized how Laura had survived the rampage. He and Claire were now part of Laura’s own serial-killer production.
 




Photo courtesy of K.S. Brooks (www.indiesunlimited.com)
That site has a weekly free flash fiction competition, with the potential of being published in an annual anthology. Please check it out - Saturday morning.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Dick Waters All rights reserved.
Dick Waters has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.