General Flash Fiction posted September 17, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
They had a lot of fun date nights.

Fred And Vicky

by pookietoo


The door slammed, echoing down the long hall. Vicky had just left Fred's apartment. Fred had decided to break off their relationship. Vicky rang his doorbell. Fred opened the door a crack. He asked her what she wanted. She said, "Fred, will you please think about this?" He said, "Vicky, I just think we are moving a little too fast in this relationship. Can I call you tomorrow?" Vicky agreed.

Tom called Vicky the next day. They both decided that they wanted to get to know each other as friends. They decided they would have a lot of fun dates over the next month. Their first date was at a drive in movie where they watched "Stardust." Other dates they had were a picnic at the park, a trip to the beach, they went on a hike, They took turns having a game night at each of their houses and made s'mores afterwards. They went to a comedy show, the zoo, and took a dance class. They went horseback riding, swimming, had a baking competition, went kayaking, and played kickball with friends. They went to a local baseball game and watched the sunset together.

After Tom and Vicky did all these things together one month, they were glad they decided to get to know each other. They had a BLAST the whole month. They decided they would be an engaged couple and get married when they knew the time was right.



The Door Slammed writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story that starts with this sentence: The door slammed, echoing down the long hall.

Don't add to the sentence. The catch is this must be flash fiction. So the story should be between 100 and 1,000 words.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pookietoo All rights reserved.
pookietoo has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.