Essay Non-Fiction posted August 16, 2021 Chapters: 3 4 -5- 6... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Biden's Afghan Debacle

A chapter in the book Biden Fiasco

Saigon Kabul

by Brett Matthew West

(NOTE: Quotes taken from USA Today article. The commentary is mine. If you have read any of my essays posted in the Politics forum, you knew I would be all over these events. Please do enjoy!)

Remember this famous, never to be forgotten, picture? You know, the one of the helicopter hovering above an abandoned building in a place called Saigon? The date was April 29, 1975. How many terrified people begged to be flown to safety? (Or was it Kabul, Afghanistan on Sunday, August 15, 2021?) Can the two be separated? This photograph will definitely haunt Biden, and his foreign policy, as well as his notion of America Is Back. Not with Biden as President we aren't.

NY Congresswoman Elise Stefanik said this about the fall of Kabul. She is accurately on the money. "A disastrous failure on the international stage that will never be forgotten."

Brett Bruen, Barack Obama's ex-Director of Global Engagement, went even further when he stated, "It's an absolute unmitigated disaster for our counterterrorism efforts that sets (the U.S.) back over 20 years into a position where you will see in the coming months increasing threats and attacks by extremists groups emboldened by what has taken place in Afghanistan."

Congratulations, Biden! Way to set the U.S. back a generation or more.

On July 8, 2021, Biden had the audacity to claim, "There's going to be no circumstance where you see people being lifted off the roof of an embassy in the - of the United States from Afghanistan. It is not at all comparable."

The damn liar!

Texas Representative Michael McCaul, the Top Republican on the House Foreign Affairs Committee proclaimed, "Our foreign adversaries are emboldened, that being Russia, China, and Iran."

Here are some things America's presence in Afghanistan created/failed to create. Take your pick:

-funded schools that never materialized

-paid soldiers who did not exist

-many Afghans believe the U.S. presence in their country did not improve their quality of life

Biden is even failing at evacuating Kabul according to most experts on the subject including Jennifer Quigley, the Senior Director of Government Affairs for Human Rights First. She said, "If Biden hoped to avoid a reprise of the fall of Saigon, his administration's approach to evacuation is failing miserably."

Failing miserably. Two words that clearly define Biden as President.

Bruen further stated, "What's happening in Kabul is far worse than Saigon. This is Vietnam on steroids. Biden was fixated on the symbolism of pulling our people out. He lost sight of the fact that the Afghans weren't ready, and that our people weren't ready to pull up the stakes."

Bruen also referred to Biden, and his national security croonies, as "too insular," "too arrogant," and not adapting to the realities of what is occurring on the ground. Appears Bruen was spot on.

Biden was asked in July of 2021 if a Taliban takeover was inevitable. Defensive, Biden replied with a strong no. Asked if his own intelligence sources had not made that same assessment, Biden remarked that it was not true. Oh really?

Kabul's collapse will remain a permanent stain on Biden's presidency throughout the rest of human history. Perhaps his administration's defining moment. Certainly, it is one he will find impossible to eradicate.

While four Presidents must shoulder their share of blame for the Afghan debacle, Biden is the most culpable. His screwup has once again made the U.S. a laughingstock in the eyes of the world. All I can say is because he does not know his rectum from a hole in the ground, as President may God have mercy on our country!




Bell Huey, by Mr Jones, selected to complement my essay.

So, thanks Mr Jones for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my essay.









Mr Jones is not a nit. He did not put a . after Mr so neither did I.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.