General Poetry posted August 8, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Rant

Stubborn

by Janet Foor


It's hot as hell, yet we're frozen in time.
The world spins 'round as we simply stand still.
A baby is born while death fills the morgue --
we start and we stop at the maestro's will.

While love fills our days, there's hate in the night.
Today's a gift to be cherished not lost.
We battle for power -- no compromise.
We give and we get at a mighty cost.

Our world is besieged from the left and the right
with never clear answers for questions we ask.
We take two steps forward and three more steps back.
Please go get your shot or at least wear your mask.


 



Recognized


Sorry - I'm just venting today with my little rant.

I went to the dentist this week and my dental hygienist does not believe in the vaccine. Where I USED to go to the gym, the trainer is an anti-vaxxers. My neighbors will not get their shots and will not wear a mask even though another neighbor died from Covid-19.
Their reasons are unreal to me. They say that no one is going to make them get this shot. They say we need more research and that there is not enough evidence that the vaccine helps. They think the government is inserting chips in their arm to follow them. (Yet they all have I-phones with GPS installed) There is silence when you ask how we overcame polio, smallpox, whooping cough, mumps, diphtheria, etc.
Sadly, the final answer is ---- some people are just stubborn and will never get the lifesaving vaccine.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Janet Foor All rights reserved.
Janet Foor has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.