Humor Non-Fiction posted July 31, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
I swear: I never touched the thing!

Equipment Failure: My Fault?

by Elizabeth Emerald


I'm electronically challenged and mechanically moronic, to the point that machines malfunction in protest when they see me coming.

I'm not joking. I'd approach the copier after a colleague had gathered her stack, which had been produced without incident, and the machine would refuse (pardon the personification) to respond to my command. 

No "paper jam." No "empty tray." No logical reason for the d@mn thing not to print my copy.

I'd summon my predecessor for assistance. She'd bound back to the copier, press print, and voilà
.

She'd cast me a glance, narrow her eyes, roll them, and depart, shaking her head.

If I had the misfortune to require more than one copy, likely as not I'd have to call her back.

I've long been mystified, as well as mortified, as to how my very presence offends machines to the point of defiance.

Fortunately for my erstwhile employer, no damage was ever incurred by my inadvertent interference. After its momentary blip, the copier would resume operation as soon as I was safely out of its sight.

On a whim, I Googled: people who cause machines to malfunction.

Bingo!


My misdemeanors are inconsequential in comparison to countless recurrent offenses of involuntary machine-slaughter.

Check it out! (notes) 










 



Recognized


Helza Blaze by MoonWillow on FanArtReview.com THANK YOU!



https://www.liveabout.com/people-who-affect-electronics-weirdest-stories-2596556
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by MoonWillow at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Elizabeth Emerald All rights reserved.
Elizabeth Emerald has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.