Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted July 23, 2021 Chapters: 3 4 -5- 6 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
AS the sun dawns on a new day....

A chapter in the book Walking On The Dark Side

Morning Thoughts

by Begin Again










This morning, with a coffee cup in hand, I sat on my deck, waiting for the sun to rise above the horizon. Shades of misty gray, much like my thoughts of late, drifted across the water. The darkness of night was disappearing, and the birds were singing their songs as they greeted the day. Two gorgeous cardinals flitted from branch to branch. It was a peaceful, serene beginning of a new day.

For the first time in months, I slept almost an entire night. My mind wasn't overwhelmed with thoughts of Kaitlyn, of my childhood with Dad, or a mountain of other worries I tend to accumulate. Of course, I am well aware my mind has tucked all those problems away momentarily, but I am willing to take a deep breath and appreciate my blessings for now.

My thought for the day is a simple one. I need to remember that whether asleep or awake, I'm not alone. I don't have to be in the midst of someone else's battle, carrying the weight of their problems and making them mine. God is always with me. When the storm clouds gather around me, and I feel lost, he is there. Like the footsteps in the sand, I need not worry because he will carry me whenever I can not find the strength to go forward and face the darkness.

No bridge exists that the Lord won't help me cross, no matter how turbulent the waters. My heart must believe and trust in his wisdom to see the battles I face and show me the way to win. And when my heart weighs heavy with sadness and grief, I must believe that his words will show me how to find the light.

Even the biggest battles become small if we place ourselves in the hands of the Lord. Embrace the day. Go forward with a smile and a helping hand, knowing God will take care of you as you care for others.

I know that I slip and fall, forgetting the words I often share with you. I also know it's okay. Because it is not how many times I fail, it is making sure I accept his hand and rise again.

I hope I wasn't too preachy this morning. I believe my angels shared the morning with me and brought their words of wisdom for me to share. Take what you wish and find peace, love, and tranquility in your day. May you be blessed in his sunshine.



Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Begin Again All rights reserved.
Begin Again has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.