Supernatural Fiction posted May 11, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
hunted

Dad to the rescue

by Iza Deleanu


Edward walked briskly along the avenue leading to the old farmhouse. He had no business to be there: farming was out of his range. His skills: fighting with words, aka journalism. Even today, he was chasing a story. The farmhouse was haunted, and he wanted to check it out.

Edward approached the gate, gently pushed it open, and started to peer around.

No wonder the place was abandoned, for sure; some scavengers were visiting the site. The house was modest and in ruins, but what got his attention was a brand new well. Edward got close to the well and stared inside, and then fell. Edward woke up in the bottom of the pit, wondering what the hell happened to the water. A voice behind him started to laugh: Look what Ms. Curiosity brought us today.

Who are you, and why am I here?

You are the new keeper of the well. Until the next victim will falls over and takes your place, you will live here and haunt the farm premises.

How long do I have to be here?

The last one stayed for one hundred years.

No, this is a lot. Can we negotiate?

What can you offer me?

Anything!

If you clean up the place and start cultivating the land, I might let you go.

I'm a writer, not a farmer.

It would help if you physically worked and did not write about it. No cheating!

Edward's secret weapon: his dad. He is a farmer and charmer.



 



The old farmhouse writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Edward walked briskly along the avenue leading to the old farmhouse........

Continue the story/fiction/beg/mid/end/-tell us an interesting, atmospheric tale in 250 words. Write your own title(not included in word count)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.