General Fiction posted May 4, 2021 Chapters:  ...10 11 -12- 13... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Biggies child comes home to live.

A chapter in the book Bye Bye Biggie

The Bad Man VS The Baby

by zeezeewriter

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.



Background
Zee takes in the troubled son of a friend. No good deed goes unpunished. The druggy guy seduces Biggie, Zees young ward. After ditching movie night to go clubbing, Biggie disappears.
Nick leaned back in the cab and brushed gravel off his bare feet. "Lucky stroke for me, I carjacked your limo."

"Yeah, I'd say so," I said, rubbing my palms together to keep my hands from shaking. "How'd you hear about the kid?"

"Through the grapevine. You know how it is." (Cough-cough). "When I get straight, I wanna meet it. Might get me back in good with my old man. Keeping the bloodline going and all that shit."

How he knew was of little importance. The fact that he knew was monumental.

Biggie's son was born via cesarean section. The only people in attendance other than the staff were Sid and Q.

Q ended up signing the birth certificate as the father__an unexpected event. No one questioned the parentage. They handed him the baby, a few pampers, and he brought the infant home.

The new baby showed up unceremoniously. "Meet Tolliver," he said.

No one knew how to change a diaper. Stella googled disposable versus cloth. Nuk-naturals versus Mam-newborn versus Evenflo. I thought all nipples were equal. Fuck me.

At first, Q took his new responsibility with trepidation and then dedication, then with fanaticism. He bought baby furniture and transformed Biggies room into a nursery. He prepared homemade baby formula with the finest ingredients

Only organic materials could touch Tolliver's body, including his butt. Boxes of vinyl-free gloves invaded every room in the condo. Even the dog was quarantined in Stella's bedroom. I was not allowed to smoke anywhere other than my bedroom. Fuck me, again.

Sid showed up every day with something new. A car seat, a high chair, a stroller, bouncy toys, and stuffed animals. I enjoyed seeing him even if he refused to speak to me.

Stella took care of sterilizing all things needing sterilization, disposal of all poop-filled, puked-on clothing, and 4 AM feedings.

I went shopping for under-eye concealer. Since babies do not sleep__no one sleeps. Fuck me.

So, the idea of Ike The Spike getting his hands on the only thing we have left of Biggie except for a shadow of herself, could not happen. I acted on my raw instinct.

I lit a cig, much to the chagrin of our cabbie, and handed it to Ike. "How about I take you to meet your son? Think of it as a much-needed vacation__so to speak. Kill two birds with one shotgun__so to speak."

A lie told convincingly.

"It's a boy! How cool is that?"

"Cool, indeed," I said




Zee: Author of cheap paperback novels. Rich, eccentric old cougar living in a condo in downtown Chicago.

Biggie: Filipino. Zees unofficially adopted daughter. Computer guru. Eighteen but diagnosed with arrested emotional development and speech dysphasia after suffering a brutal beating as a child.

Stella: Thirty-something housekeeper. She lives with Zee. She Drives a motorcycle. She moved from her grandparent's farm in Oklahoma to Chicago in search of her birth mother.

Q: Big, mean, and beautiful. He lives in a condo next to Zee. Occupation, bodyguard, chauffeur, cook, and anything else zee needs. Upper crust educated. African American.

Ike-The-Spike: Heroin Addict. Son of famous restaurant owner in Chicago. Real name is Nick.

Sid Rosenthal: Zees ex-Psychiatrist, ex-friend, and ex-lover.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. zeezeewriter All rights reserved.
zeezeewriter has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.