General Poetry posted April 13, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
In Memory of my Dad (14/4/2011-14/4/2021)

A Decade Passed

by Chrissy710

A Decade Passed

How swiftly time has passed throughout each year
Yet, we each hold our memories that are saved.
For you're the other side and we're still here
We cling to strong foundations that you made.

The early morning sunrise clears the night
A new day dawns without you here to share.
Instead we look towards your guiding light
For in our hearts we know that you still care.

Our loving husband and dear father 'Barn'
Ten years ago you went and left us all.
But still your spirit walks out on the farm
And we still see the cows and hear your call.

We sit upon your grave and raise our eyes
Give thanks for having had you for so long.
And when the sun peeps out from cloudy skies
Your warming rays help us to carry on.

Christine 14/4/2021






Recognized


Today 14/4/2021 (Australian time) is the tenth anniversary since my Dad passed away and every year I write a poem for him and this is the one I have written this year

My dad was Alan Manning but everyone called him Barney hence the reference to Barn.
Dad was a hard working dairy farmer who loved his farm and his cows and so did we. I know he is watching over us all and on the day of his funeral ten years ago it was cloudy, but when we lowered him into his grave the sun came out very brightly, and so we always look up toward the sky when we visit him and he rarely lets us down.

He was so dearly loved and very much missed by my family.

Also my dad wrote beautiful poetry all his life and I have his collection
which I often look at and remember him reciting them.

We all have a special poem he wrote for each of us and one day I will publish it here on FS under his name.

I often feel his presence when I write and maybe he has passed on a little talent to me and I thank him for that gift.

Thank you for reading my work

The image is one taken of my dads farm (I hope as often the wrong image seems to attach to my posts )

Cheers. Christine
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Chrissy710 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Chrissy710 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.