General Fiction posted April 8, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a 100 word story

evil paradise

by judester


The prisoner leaned his head onto the rusted bars and wept aloud.  He gazed lazily beyond his windows as pewter dolphins darted between the waves with abandon and joy.

Beyond the rough coral rocks of his prison lay paradise. The endless ocean dazzled with silvery waves. Above, a brilliant blue sky cast him in gloom.

He began to laugh softly at the cruelty.

Lonely lavender sunrises and the fiery sunsets only tormented him daily.  

His crazy laughter now echoed around his dusty tomb, heard by no one as he descended into madness.

Imprisoned in a prison of stone, overlooking paradise.


 



The Prisoner writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
In 100 words, or less, write a short story--not necessarily a flash-fiction, though it could be--on the theme/subject/topic of 'prisoner'. It could be literal or metaphoric.


Thanks to cleo85 for the artwork. There was a crumbling coral prison on an island off Zanzibar. I thought that it was the ultimate in cruelty. To be surrounded by paradise yet trapped in a stone prison.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by cleo85 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. judester All rights reserved.
judester has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.