General Fiction posted April 5, 2021 Chapters: 1 2 -3- 4... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Ike takes Biggie to a club.

A chapter in the book Bye Bye Biggie

Bye Bye Biggie. Hello Angel.

by zeezeewriter


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.
The author has placed a warning on this post for language.



Background
Biggies first love encounter goes so wrong.
Just a movie and a stop-off at White Castle for a few sliders and onion rings. What could go wrong?

How about the part where Stella doesn't go to the movie. Instead, heads down to the pool hall for a game of eight-ball and a few brewskis.

How about when Ike the Spike talks Biggie into ditching the stupid movie and cabbing over to a pop-up-party?

"We'll meet Stella at the White Castle... she'll never know. Come on! It'll be fun. Come on, Angel. Spread your wings and fly."

Yeah, he calls her Angel. And she loves it--no more Biggie.

So that's how it went, or so the story pieced together.

Off they go to a warehouse on the West Side. There are no tables or chairs in a typical pop-up-party, just a plywood bar serving drinks in plastic cups and a DJ pumping out electronic dance music with a hypnotic rhythm. Booze and beer sold in the front, smack sold in the back.

Nick, now in his old environment, high-fives and glad-hands his way through the crowd to the bar, pulling Biggie along introducing her as his "New Angel."

"Baby girl! You are my lucky charm. My little Angel," he declares as he picks her up and sets her on the jagged plywood bar.

He throws a fifty on the bar. "Benny, long time no see!" he says to the bartender, "I'll have a Bud and a shot of Crown. Get my Angel anything she wants. I'll be right back."

Only, he never came back.

Two tweakers found him lying behind a dumpster in the alley behind the warehouse. A young Asian girl with green hair sat beside him, rocking back and forth as if to a song only she could hear. Back and forth. Back and forth, she rocked.

When she tilted her head to catch the blood oozing from her nose with the sleeve of her hoodie, she saw the two men and ran--abandoning the first purse she'd ever carried--abandoning the first pair of shoes she'd ever worn without laces.

She ran into the night barefoot and alone.







Zee: Author of cheap paperback novels. Rich, eccentric old cougar living in a condo in downtown Chicago.

Biggie: Filipino. Zees unofficially adopted daughter. Computer guru. Eighteen but diagnosed with arrested emotional development and speech dysphasia after suffering a brutal beating as a child.

Stella: Thirty-something housekeeper. She lives with Zee. She Drives a motorcycle. She moved from her grandparent's farm in Oklahoma to Chicago in search of her birth mother.

Q: Big, mean, and beautiful. He lives in a condo next to Zee. Occupation, bodyguard, chauffeur, cook, and anything else zee needs. Upper crust educated. African American.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. zeezeewriter All rights reserved.
zeezeewriter has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.