General Non-Fiction posted April 3, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
How did the Universe begin and will it end?

Creation: The Beginning and End?

by HarryT


Whether by the hand of God or not. Before creation as we know it, in other words, before time and space were separate, there was an initial singularity, an infinitesimal dot, thought to have contained all the energy, matter and spacetime. Stephen Hawking stated,"...the Universe has not existed forever. Rather, the Universe, and time itself, had a beginning in the Big Bang.” * Scientists believe the Bang to have happened approximately 13.8 billion years ago. We must keep in mind that man evolving and walking the earth was not the beginning of creation. Long before the Bible says that Adam and Eve were fashioned in the Garden of Eden, creation had begun.

If the Universe had a beginning, it begs the question - could there be an ending? Pondering again the work of Hawking, might the Universe, as we know it, end by being sucked into a giant black hole. If it happens the planets, stars, galaxies, dust clouds, light, and even time will shrink and disappear? Or perhaps another happenstance might occur. Could it be that the Big Bang energy said to be expanding the Universe is slowly dissipating. When this energy is totally expended might the Universe halt and reverse? The Universe then would eventually contract cramming time, matter and energy into another unimaginable small dot. Would then history repeat itself and the dot explode starting a new Universe?

Are these questions worth pondering or are we asking to contemplate as medieval theology did questing to determine the number of angels that may dance on the head of a pin? We reject the stance that the quest to discover answers about the creation of the Universe is pointless. We also reject the theological answer that God is the creator of all things visible and invisible. We rather put our faith in scientific research to find the answers and who knows maybe the answers will lead to a Supreme Being. In sum, it is our humble opinion, that the questions of the beginning creation and the possible end of the Universe are worthy pursuits by scientists who earnestly study the cosmos seeking answers to creation and beyond.
 
*Hawking, Stephen at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hartle%E2%80%93Hawking_state
 



Creation contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. HarryT All rights reserved.
HarryT has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.