Spiritual Poetry posted April 1, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Set free from past feelings of helplessness and despair

Mimicking, Mocking Me, Sneering

by Frank Jauregui

My feet stink!
Smell of the filth they’ve been through
Big Boss Thumb above me and pressing
All manner of scum has risen above me.
 
My poor, tired feet
Foul smelling and sore
Pitiful whores spent chasing big dollar
Dancing for nickels and dimes
While time…,
 
Time marches past me
Mimicking, mocking me, sneering.
Time, my one hope, marches past me
Mimicking, mocking me, sneering.

 



Feelings Poetry writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Emotions have overcome us all at one time or another. It could be from someone that broke our heart or just life in general. We all handle situations differently, some good, some bad. This contest gives us the ability to explore this. Write a poem that expresses feelings and emotions such as anger or depression. Any type of poem is welcomed.


This poem was written remembering the feelings of hopelessness and despair that I felt in my youth before coming to Christ. I was very materialistic back then and I felt that, try as I might, the deck was stacked against me and I could not get ahead in life. But now I have learned to live a new spiritual life in Christ Jesus, and I believe his word which states in Romans Romans 8:31,37 "..., If Christ be for us who can stand against us? ..., we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. My hope is no longer in the worldly material things of the here and now but in Christ Jesus who holds all my tomorrows. I am now complete, Joyful and content in him.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Frank Jauregui All rights reserved.
Frank Jauregui has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.