Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted March 29, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The meaning of life

Life with Joy

by Iza Deleanu


I choose to live even if I'm scared of the unknown. I went through a lot, but compared with others I had a beautiful life.

My choice in life is to let go of the fear and jump into the unknown.

Last summer Covid or not, I tasted life to the fullest. I got so lucky to be free and choose how I want to spent my short summer.

I couldn't stay locked in my apartment anymore, so I decided to go and find my oasis.

God sent me guardian angels responsible for my well-being. So, here I am paddling like a duck in a magical kingdom an amazing lake that made me feel normal.

I love to swim in any type of glimpse of water. It doesn't even have to be too deep; I can swim in thirty centimeters of water. I guess I'm lucky because I'm not very tall, so I came up with special techniques of
swimming in any circumstances.

Last year I realized that this Covid it's a test of endurance. I realized that I don't need a fancy resort to be happy, a stroll in the numerous ravines and meadows that my city has can bring me back the joy of living.

I re-learn that I can live with less and still be me, the crazy and funny person that my parents raised a couple of decades ago.

I choose to be happy and explore the world around me as a tribute to my dad and grandparents that passed away.

I chose to continue their legacy: trust God and search for his blessing in everything I do.

I chose you my life with the bad, the good, and the ugly. I choose you, and I will not change my choice, no matter what Mr. Devil throws in my way as a sweet temptation.

I have received this life and fate for a reason, so it's time to pick up my cross and move on accompanied by Ms. Joy and Ms. Water. I will walk under the tree of life under the closer supervision of Nadejda (Hope), Viara (Faith), and Liubov (Love).



Life's Choices writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short story about how making a choice can impact your life. It can be a story about the past, present, or future.

Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.