General Poetry posted March 23, 2021 Chapters:  ...4 5 -6- 7... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
haiku

A chapter in the book Haiku 2021

Sparrows Start to Nest

by Debra White



sparrows huddle
in congenial nest --
     no place like home


 




Spring Equinox: March 21st-25th - Sparrows start to nest

The house sparrow likes to nest under cover and has a reputation for nesting in roof spaces, gaining entrance through holes under the eaves, though they also nest in barns and outhouses. They are closely associated with people and their buildings, in cities, towns, suburbs, and farms (particularly around livestock).

Pairs often remain faithful to their nest site and to each other for life, although a lost mate of either sex is normally replaced within days. A hole is filled with dry grass or straw with a nesting chamber lined with feathers, hairs, string and paper.

Congenial - (of a thing) pleasant or agreeable. Suited to one's taste or inclination.

Image courtesy of google.

Club entry for the "KIGO Season Words Almanac" event in "HAIKU CLUB".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Debra White All rights reserved.
Debra White has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.