General Poetry posted March 22, 2021 Chapters: 3 4 -5- 6... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
4/8/4 Contemporary Haiku (book titles club challenge)

A chapter in the book Haiku 2021

A Moving Testament

by Debra White



scribed in secret
the diary of a young girl -
      no sweet sixteen


 




Anne Frank was born on 12th June 1929.

In the summer of 1942, fleeing the horrors of the Nazi occupation, Anne, aged thirteen and her family were forced into hiding in the back of an Amsterdam warehouse. She kept a diary in which she confided her innermost thoughts and feelings, movingly revealing how the eight people living under these extraordinary conditions coped with the daily threat of discovery and death, being cut off from the outside world, petty misunderstandings and the unbearable strain of living like prisoners.

She died in Bergen-Belsen concentration camp in Germany, three months short of her sixteenth birthday.

Club entry for the "Book Title Contemporary Haiku" event in "HAIKU CLUB".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Debra White All rights reserved.
Debra White has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.