General Poetry posted March 16, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
myself and my husband shared a love of dance

Fate brought us together

by Joanne Gill-Maddick

You're the sunshine in my days and my star on the darkest night.
 
Since you walked into my life, I see the world in a different light.

The sadness I knew has turned to joy and loneliness no longer fills my days. You've awakened my broken spirit, in oh so many ways.

I am truly thankful for the day you danced into my life and for the day you proposed to me and asked me to be your wife.

I know we will have our trials along with the good times too. Just learn to take the good with the bad and nurture a love that's true.

Thank God for bringing you into my life when I was about to give up on love. 
You showed up when I least expected it.  You're a blessing from above.



Love Poem for a Special Loved One writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
POETRY ONLY

*Compose a RYMING poem (words at end of lines rhyme) for a REAL PERSON who is Currently alive.
*Only 10 lines in length
*ONE color font / ONE color background
*Picture (or not) author's choice--any source
*Author notes allowed
*Dedication, IF desired, may be added above text of poem (NOT IN the body of the poem) ~ does NOT count in total number of 10 lines
~ NO ~
*animations, videos, music, or pictures with ANY words
* NO warnings of ANY kind ~ keep poem clean
AT LEAST FIVE (5) ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BEFORE VOTING BEGINS


I met my husband at a local bar eight years ago. We clicked right away and realized we shared a love of dancing. Two years ago we got married. My husband helped me see my true worth and value again. He turned my life around. We all have our troubles. In the meantime as long as there's an healthy balance between good and bad. That's all is required in this life. We just have to strive to do the best we can. we are here for a good time not a long time. :)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Joanne Gill-Maddick All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Joanne Gill-Maddick has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.