Humor Flash Fiction posted March 3, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
An Irony of Cosmic Proportions

My Worst Nightmare

by Elizabeth Emerald


It was only yesterday that I posted my assertion that overwrought, trite, and hyperbolic phrases should be avoided like the plague.

O, the Irony!

Just hours thereafter, I was mortified beyond all belief when it was brought to my attention that I'd unjustly excoriated, in myriad shades of purple prose, a writer's choice of artwork.

I'd lambasted the poor man for including a gratuitously graphic, gory illustration; in his response, he politely pointed out that the painting featured a child holding a bouquet of yellow tulips.    

I wasted no time in proferring my profuse apologies for my grossly inappropriate overreaction to the poor, sweet and innocent, young girl with her elegant and fresh, fragrant floral offering.

In the midst of my eloquent profundity, I woke abruptly, drenched in cold sweat. 

Praise the Lord for bringing a merciful end to this nightmare of mythic proportions.

My self-proclaimed impeccable reputation for unembellished concision has thus been restored in all its resplendent glory.






 




Tulip Abstraction by avmurray on FanArtReview.com THANK YOU!

Doubtful I'd have found a painting of a child holding yellow tulips--when this one popped up I thought it apt for a whimsical touch.

This dream scenario was inspired by my dream of the prior night!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by avmurray at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Elizabeth Emerald All rights reserved.
Elizabeth Emerald has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.