General Poetry posted March 2, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Hope in the face of adversity

Silence will die

by Joanne Gill-Maddick


There's a numbing silence on city streets since COVID has come our way.

Some people are spending a lot of time alone with very little human contact each day.

The movie theatres are empty. There's silence everywhere.

Our life freedoms are taken away. Sometimes it's too much to bear.

The airports are very dismal. There's silence all around.

A lot of airplanes are no longer flying they just sit there on the ground.

There is no more dancing to the sounds of music with your friends.

The local bars are all closed . We pray this pandemic soon will end.

The hospitals have ghostly corridors no sounds of loved ones stopping in.

Everything is still and quiet ever since this COVID 19 did begin.

No working out at the gym no eating out at restaurants anymore. There's an uneasy stillness lurking.

Like was never known before.

No teachers in the Classrooms . Rooms filled with empty desks.

No sound of children's laughter. A normal life is missed.

Playgrounds they too are vacant.  No children to be seen.  No laughter on teeter-totters or hanging of monkey bar screams. 

We all have to focus on staying safe
In the face of adversity.

God speed may this virus leave us. The joyful sounds of life will again be free.

We will get to do all the things we normally do. We will get to laugh with loved ones again.

Go to restaurants dances and gyms and spending time with friends.

The quietness will be replaced with laughter and activity from little girls and boys.

When normal life resumes again for the silence it shall die.














 



Silence writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Silence : Write a poem, in any format on the theme of Silence. Our city streets have fallen silent, to some extent, during Covid 19. Do we like/dislike it ? Choose your own angle on the theme. Can be happy, sad, humorous or whatever you choose.


Times are very challenging for a lot of people. Especially people who live alone life is so difficult for them. The silence in some cases is deafening. Quite eerie in some ways. People in hospitals are suffering alone and in silence. A heartbreaking reality. I pray for an end to this pandemic so the world can enjoy so many freedoms that were taken for granted once again. My photo is from google.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Joanne Gill-Maddick All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Joanne Gill-Maddick has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.