General Fiction posted February 26, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
flash fiction

Jenny

by judester


Jen woke with a jerk and sat up. She ran her fingers through tousled hair and gathered her thoughts.
Okay, Milly's Halloween party last night, lots of shots and champagne, the gorgeous male model and... oh jeez, they had come back to her place.

She glanced around her apartment and gasped. It was ransacked.
Her windows were wide open and the gauzy curtains twirled in the early morning breeze. She shut the window firmly, then looked down at the park. Her three best friends from high school were playing on the swings and waved up to her.
She waved back confused, then raced down the hall.

His jacket and boots were gone.

Her expensive paintings had been stolen. Just the empty frames still hung, crooked on the wall.

In the bathroom was a perfect portrait of her, drawn on the mirror with her bright red lipstick. Jen wandered through her apartment, closing all the open drawers and doors.

In the living room, the old wooden fan turned slowly above. It made a gentle sound,
che che che.

She leaned against the wall and rhythmically banged her head.
Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Jen, Jen, Jen. She slowly opened her eyes.

The cute guy from last night was laughing softly and leaning over her with a patisserie bag.
Hey Bae, I got coffee and croissants.





Surprise Me writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
This is a flash fiction contest. Write a story that has a surprise ending. Since it is flash, the word count must be between 200 and 600 words. The ending can be funny, sad, shocking, etc. But the reader has to be surprised.


Thanks to Raoul D'Hermental for the artwork. Just a little dream..
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Raoul D'Harmental at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. judester All rights reserved.
judester has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.